Thursday, December 06, 2007

Fall is over...Winter is here....and I'm just posting

Yeah, yeah...I said I would be better about posting on here. Hahahaha! Didn't that fall by the wayside.

Last night was the last night of classes for the fall term and I finally feel as though I am back among the living. It was a crazy term and I'm glad it is over. It also means that my last time of attending a formal class in the fall is done! Yipee!

Now- what do I do with myself? It's nice to just come to work and not have to worry about class tonight or what is due tomorrow. I think I will sleep all weekend.

Life Updates
I am doing really well recovering from my knee surgery. I am going to start trying to run next week! It has been difficult, but my body feels more like itself every new day.

We have booked our tickets to Texas and fly in to Dallas on Christmas Eve and leave on Jan 2. I haven't been home in a year, so I am looking forward to seeing everyone. It should be good times!

Winter and Spring travel is looking to be busy. We have a couple of weddings, friends to see and a trip to New York for a conference. It is very possible that I will be flying from Hawaii(wedding) to New York(conference)! That will make me feel like a real traveler. The conference in New York is HUGE and I will be presenting two papers- one as the primary researcher and another as a secondary researcher. There were 12,000 proposals submitted and we were selected! In addition, we just submitted a book review to the Harvard Journal of Hispanic Policy...hoping that gets accepted and published. Then I would be published 3 times in one year! I'm so excited with where my academic life is heading.

We did make a trip to Austin in November for an Alpha Gam babyshower. It was so fun and all 11 of us were there for the weekend. We've known each other for 12 years now and still have so much fun together. It's a gift that I am thankful for every day.


I also made a trip to Banden, OR with my faculty advisor and two close classmates (we do all our research together). We also had a really great time on the coast and the beach was so beautiful.


No comments: