Saturday, September 10, 2005

Come Sail Away, Come Sail Away with Me....



This weekend is busy trying to make sure I have everything done so I can head out to Oregon on Wednesday. I cannot wait to get there and see John and the cats. It's been way to long- 2 months. See you soon honey!

But, before I bust out of here I wanted to let you know that my roommate Liz and I are locally famous. Last weekend she invited me out to her families house on the coast. We participated in a dingy sailboat race. While we didn't fare too well in the race, we had a great time. Liz's family called last night to let us know that we were in the local weekly newspaper! Check out the picture...the other picture here is a picture that her aunt took of us that day. By the way, when dolphins surface about 3 feet from your boat it's a little alarming! Once I figured out they weren't sharks I was okay. :)

The devastation from Hurricane Katrina continues to unfold this week. I am very sad for those who are suffering most. This is the most visible image of the plight of those who are poverty stricken in our country that my generation has ever seen. May we continue to help our brothers and sisters here at home who are in need of a shoulder to cry on and help rebuilding a life in a new place without anything but a broken spirit.

No comments: